Dec 20, 2008

Home for the Holidays

I am so pooped!I'm finally back in Canada after nearly a year of being in England attending school.

Now that I'm home, food in Canada tastes strange to me. I fell in love with English food, particularly the fish. Here, unless you live by the ocean or near a lake, it comes from a tin.

However, Canadians have the best bacon in the world, bar none. In fact Canada is famous for its bacon. So is it any wonder that this Christmas I will enjoy a yummy bacon sandwich with my egg nog?


I love the English rain, which is an odd thing for a kitten to admit. I guess I just love England. From time to time it floods over there quite severely. Winters tend to be cool and damp. But the folks are very warm.


When I got off the plane I walked into a blizzard. There was snow everywhere! A little white ball of fluff like me has to be very careful when she goes out on a snowy day. I become invisible! And cars whizz by at the speed of light. What would happen if they collided with me? Oh what a cruel fate that would be!!

It's a good thing I decided to wear an electric red parka with a big furry hood and button up leggings. This outfit gets some very strange looks from the local cats. Such a vision I must present! They don't know whether to run, laugh or ask the name of my wardrobe designer.

This Christmas we are going to have an old movie festival. Out comes the popcorn and tissues! I'm hoping for Cats - The Musical and love it when the old cat sings "Memory":


This year I'll hang a paw sock up and hope it gets filled by Santa Claws, my kitten name for Old St. Nick.


Well this inaugurates my blog. Seasons Greetings to all and a Happy New Year!

Love & purrs, Edelweiss
P.S. See new comments.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Edelweiss!
    I liked to search you in the white snow because in old Germany it's rainy and grey and drab.
    If I could be a cat I would also get my own blog from my Dad for Christmas!
    Merry Christmas to you, Patsycat & Pops from
    Bearbirds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bearbirds,

    Thanks for writing! Pops tells me that you live in northern Germany. Hope you got some white flakes for Christmas.

    Have a wonderful time over the holidays!

    Love & purrs!

    ReplyDelete